I just checked the user account, and I get some sort of crash in
blueman-applet. This laptop has no physical bluetooth hardware installed
(though it has a switch and presumably an empty socket inside). For
whatever reason gnome's Startup Applications app lists blueman-applet as
the sole startup application in all the accounts. Maybe it's a vestige
of a previous Ubuntu version.

When the crash occurs in the user account, instead of directing me to
this page, the crash handler says there's no need to report the crash to
developers because it's already known. I'm not CERTAIN it's the same
crash, but maybe the fact that blueman is being launched and is failing
is a helpful clue.

Please email me directly if you need for me to collect logs or
something.

which is subscribed to libx11 in Ubuntu.

  nautilus assert failure: nautilus: ../../src/xcb_io.c:528: _XAllocID:
  Assertion `ret != inval_id' failed.