Joseph, I would give you the boilerplate response about how to request
that an update be backported to the current stable version of Ubuntu,
but, given that the final version of 12.04 will be released in four
days, I recommend that you just wait until it is released and enjoy the
new driver at that point. :-)

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in Ubuntu.

  Some Features of Clickpad on HP Envy doesn't work on Ubuntu 11.10
  Oneiric Ocelot