Okay, so the bug has been open for over ten days and no one has posted
any progress, or even useful information to go on.  I have a satellite
model P25-s507 w/ nvidia go5200 Gcard, when first logging in with
unity(3d) I get a white screen with a mouse, no response for an extended
amount of time except for mouse movement, I press ctrl+alt+del then
enter and am brought to the login screen, I get a bug report to send on
first login with unity 2d.  No proprietary drivers show up after doing
all updates.  I have tried every attempt at installing the drivers
manually, apparently all these attempts have proven useless and futile
with no payout in the forms of diagnostic information that has not
proven to be relevant to troubleshooting this "bug."  Even manual
install attempts only make matters worse.

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  Jockey does not detect my old NVIDIA graphics card