Ubuntu 12.4 Desktop (32 bit) freezes after install on HP dv7-3183cl.
The install media was booted from a USB drive.  Live mode works fine and the
install finished successfully.
After boot, the boot menu is displayed, then the splash screen.  After that the
screen flickers a few times and then remains blank.  The keyboard gives no
response (no caps lock toggle or switching to other consoles).
I have tried to start the X server in recovery mode and it will not start.
I have re installing three times and the issue remains.
This laptop has nvidia GEFORCE with CUDA video.
Specs:
GeForce G105M
16 CUDA Cores
VBIOS Version 70.18.1f.00.2e
Memory: 512MB
Memory Interface: 64-bit

I have installed 11.10, and the machine works fine.

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bot-comment
--
Ubuntu 12.4 Desktop (32 bit) freezes after install on HP dv7-3183cl
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/990836