I upgraded to 12.04, downloaded Qt SDK, built the fingerpaint demo,
futzed with xorg.conf.d to get it to load the synaptics Xorg input
driver instead of the wacom xorg input driver, futzed with xinput set-
prop, etc. to change the settings of the driver.  No, the fingerpaint
demo doesn't work.

I found that "xinput test-xi2 10"  ( documented in xinput man page) will
display the events from my device.  It shows RawTouchUpdate events etc.,
but apparently no plain TouchEvents ??  when a second finger is moved.
The first finger seems to send just plain Motion events??  I futzed some
more (with synaptics input driver properties, and also running the demo)
and saw some plain TouchBegin etc events, but don't know the conditions
needed to reproduce it.

So I will search for the difference between raw and plain touch events,
and which flavor  Qt needs.

which is subscribed to xf86-input-wacom in Ubuntu.

  multitouch + qt doesn't work (eg fingerpaint demo) with wacom serial
  touchscreen