> I do have a question for devs... I have been all over the initialization code
> and I cannot find a place where the sideport RAM is treated as distinct from
> the UMA "vram".  Is this stuff set up by the atombios? Is there a way to see
> what hardware addresses ranges are assigned? Is there a way to fix the GART
> (table) if the bios is setting up overlapping or otherwise broken addresses
> for
> GTT, UMA and sideport vram?

It's not treated separately from UMA from the driver's perspective (or
the HW for that matter).  The hw as an FB aperture that points to stolen
system memory (for UMA only) or some combination of sideport and stolen
system memory for (sideport+UMA or sideport only).  The bios normally
sets up the sideport and UMA as interleaved if both are enabled for
maximum performance.  GART is a separate aperture and has nothing to do
with sideport or the stolen system memory block.

which is subscribed to the bug report.

  [rs690m] Graphics corruption with ati x1200