Affects me too. Doesn't happen every time. I just tested and did ~10
open and closes and all was fine. Then it did freeze. This time, at
least, I was able to Crtl+Alt+F1 into the console (I hadn't tested this
before), but what should I do from there? I was able to shutdown from
there, saving me from hard resetting, but is there any way of killing
the session and getting back to the log in screen? (Is that exactly what
Alt+Print+K would do?)

I hadn't made the connection with Firefox, but it is the browser I use,
so it is basically open constantly. I'll try switching to Chromium for a
while and see if that stops the issue. I had tried changing the power
settings from "do nothing" to "suspend" but the hangs still happen.

I'm using an ASUS UL30A with an Intel 4500MHD Graphics Media Accelerator
and running 32-bit Precise upgraded from Oneiric and this issue has been
affecting me since that upgrade.

  Xorg freeze after lid closed/opened (screen turned off/on) several
  times