** Description changed:

- A colleague and me are using Ubuntu 12.04 on Lenovo T410s [Nvidia NVS
- 3100M] in combination with a docking station and an external monitor and
- noticed following bug:
+ A colleague and me are using Ubuntu 12.04 on Lenovo T410 systems [Nvidia
+ NVS 3100M] in combination with a docking station and an external monitor
+ and noticed following bug:

  Using the graphical tool for switching monitors: if you disable the
  internal notebook monitor, only using the external one, everything works
  fine (internal monitor is black). However, when you now try to reenable
  the internal monitor again (so having an extended desktop with both
  monitors), the external monitor goes black and both screens stay off.
  Looking at Xorg.0.log via SSH shows that some part of Xorg or the
  nouveau driver crashed.

  This happens both in 32 bit and 64 bit version of 12.04 and both in a
  fully updated system as well as when started as live system from USB
  stick.

  One way to prevent this from happening is to use xrandr --auto, then
  both monitors are in clone mode and you can use the graphical tool again
  for setting up your desired configuration.

  Xorg/nouveau crashes when switching notebook monitor back on