Issue
---
12.04 64 bit Installation finished successfully with no errors. But nether
login screen nor default desktop have mouse cursor. Mouse works but cursor
pointer is completely invisible. However cursor shows up for little moment
while in transition from login screen to desktop.

Facts
---
- default config for gnome - Tried both upgrade from 10.04.04 to 12.04 and
fresh  install of 12.04 from alternate.iso. Exactly same look with no cursor.
- video drv ok - I use AST driver that manufacture validated with 12.04. Indeed
there is no errors in X server log and it uses driver provided by AST.
- no hw issues - hw in use cpu E5520 chip-set X58. Was working fine with ubuntu
10.04 for years with no issues at all.
- no errors in X server log
I see that combination of lightdm and unity-greeter is used but can not find
error in log.
What program is responsible to draw mouse cursor on default desktop in 12.04,
how to narrow the issue?

Posted on support forum - no reply -

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bot-comment