Chase, I did both to confirm. The test I use is the network manager's
"connect to hidden network" and then the dropdown to select previously
connected to hidden networks. First boot it works just fine with
clicking the trackpad as well as tapping. After suspend, clicking always
acts as a double click (effectively opening and closing the dropdown
very quickly) and tapping works just fine. So at least for me, the
problem seems to be isolated to clicking on the trackpad.

  bcm5974 touchpad doesn't work after S3 on MacBookAir