Public bug reported:

The problem really is that .xsession-errors file in the /home/<user> directory
is allowed to grow to an unlimited size. On my system this file got filled with
error messages from indicator-weather and filled up my entire disk.

manjo@lazy:~$ df -h
/dev/sda2        44G   42G  353M 100% /
udev            7.8G  4.0K  7.8G   1% /dev
tmpfs           3.2G 1016K  3.2G   1% /run
none            5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
none            7.8G  604K  7.8G   1% /run/shm
/dev/sda1        95M  118K   95M   1% /boot/efi
overflow        1.0M   92K  932K   9% /tmp
manjo@lazy:~$

Of which .xsession-errors.old file accounts for 31GB

-rw-------  1 manjo manjo 5.4K May 17 09:13 .xsession-errors
-rw-------  1 manjo manjo  31G May 16 21:03 .xsession-errors.old

You might be able to solve this problem  if you delete the .xsessions-
errors file once it grows to say 1GB or even better create it in /tmp so
that it is removed on shutdown and does not eat up my full disk space.
This bug renders the system useless, I cant even file a bug with ubuntu-
bug,  and it is very hard to find out what is eating up the disk space
since .xsession-error.old is a hidden file any normal user will have no
clue what just eat up his disk.

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: xorg (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: xorg (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Timo Aaltonen (tjaalton)

** Summary changed:

- [12.04] .xsession-errors getting spammed filling up the disk.
+ [12.04] [ Precise] .xsession-errors getting spammed filling up the disk.