Also, a debdiff attached. vdpauinfo now detects VDPAU on my r600+
(radeon hd 4670) card after installing the resulting libg3dvl-mesa .deb.

However, there is a build related issue at least I had - contrary to the
debdiff, I used "-rf" instead of just "-r", ie. set -e; for file in
$(NOT_INSTALLED); do rm -rf debian/tmp/$$file; done - because it
complained about some XvMC files without -f. Therefore, as discussed in
the comment above that line, those disappeared files should be probably
accounted for in the packaging somehow. The reason the original line is
in debdiff is that I added the -f manually and ran fakeroot debian/rules
binary to complete creating the packages.

** Patch added: "debdiff_mesa_g3dvl.patch"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mesa/+bug/1002224/+attachment/3155692/+files/debdiff_mesa_g3dvl.patch

which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  Please include gallium vdpau and xvmc driver support