$ lspci | grep VGA
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GT218 [GeForce 210] (rev
a2)

$ apport-collect 1001322
Package xorg not installed and no hook available, ignoring

Odd. Apparently you don't actually need that :-) OK.
$ sudo apt-get install xorg
Unpacking xorg (from .../xorg_1%3a7.6+12ubuntu1_amd64.deb) ...
Setting up xorg (1:7.6+12ubuntu1)

** Tags added: apport-collected

** Description changed:

  libreoffice calc works fine in a full-screen window (as it starts up),
  but as soon as the window is shrunk (either due to dragging or hitting
  the window-bar button) it gets very confused. It still believes that it
  is full-screen, to top and left: If I hit alt-F then the 'file' menu
  appears disembodied over on the LH side of screen where it would be if
  the app was still full-screen.

  It looks as if the application never gets the 'window stopped being
  fullscreen' message. I can carry on using the application in the smaller
  window: keypresses move the selected cell. There are scrollbars part way
  across the window both horizontally and vertically. They stay a constant
  distance from the right and bottom window edges, respectively. clicks
  work  inside the 'scroll-bar delineated' area, but not the area outside
  the scrollbars but inside the window. Only the window-manager bar to the
  right of the vertical scrollbar is redrawn - the part to the left is
  overwritten by the application toolbars. The window area between the
  scrollbars and the RHS/bottom window edge is not redrawn and just
  contains 'old' screen data.

  I've added a screenshot to make this rather clearer.

  I'm using xfce and thus xfwm4 window-manager.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
  Package: libreoffice-calc 1:3.5.3-0ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-24-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu7
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Fri May 18 14:57:11 2012
  ProcEnviron:
   SHELL=/bin/bash
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
  SourcePackage: libreoffice
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2011-11-09 (190 days ago)
+ ---
+ ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu7
+ Architecture: amd64
+ DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
+ Package: xorg 1:7.6+12ubuntu1
+ PackageArchitecture: amd64
+ ProcEnviron:
+  TERM=xterm
+  PATH=(custom, no user)
+  LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
+  SHELL=/bin/bash
+ ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-24.37-generic 3.2.14
+ Tags: precise third-party-packages
+ Uname: Linux 3.2.0-24-generic x86_64
+ UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2011-11-09 (194 days ago)
+ UserGroups: adm fuse sbuild sudo

  calc confused about window-size when not full-screen