Trust me, installing fglrx also causes crash and that too frequently.
Seeing so I installed open-source Radeon driver. The problem is
something else. I don't have much knowledge otherwise I could debug
more.

You need to see this
http://askubuntu.com/questions/106499/flash-player-crashes-with-firefox-chrome-chromium
But in my case, the whole system crashes and restarts which is quite bad.

Referring to other forums, gives in-depth information , may be more helpful to
you.

Because of this issue, I could not install Ubuntu 10.10,11.04,11,10 and
NOW 12.04. C'mon !!!

which is subscribed to fglrx-installer in Ubuntu.

  System Crash / Restart