On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 04:05:38PM -0000, Launchpad Bug Tracker wrote:
> You have been subscribed to a public bug:
>
> I can produce the problem by starting an xterm and clicking (or double
> clicking) the title bar.  It moves one pixle to the upper left.
> Same xclock, and xfontsel, but not xfig, xpdf or any software built on gnome.
> Since I use a touchpad with separate mouse bottons, we can't blame a tremor
> for that.
> New since my recent upgrade to natty.
>
> ProblemType: Bug
> DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.04
> Package: xterm 268-1ubuntu1
> ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.38-15.59-generic 2.6.38.8
> Uname: Linux 2.6.38-15-generic x86_64
> Architecture: amd64
> CompizPlugins:
> [core,bailer,detection,composite,opengl,decor,regex,winrules,mousepoll,resize,gnomecompat,wall,compiztoolbox,animation,wobbly,extrawm,workarounds,place,vpswitch,imgpng,move,session,expo,ezoom,staticswitcher,ring,fade,scale]
> CompositorRunning: compiz

I don't see the window manager mentioned (presuming it is the gnome bundled
stuff).

It's possible that you're exposing yet another bug in compiz.

xterm patch #268 introduces a feature for toggling to full-screen mode,
which I see is triggered in some configurations by the gnome window manager(*)).
That's over a year old, by the way.  #269 makes the feature configurable,
e.g., the "fullscreen" resource.

(*) this is a feature of the window manager, not xterm, and would normally
    be addressed by configuring the window manager...

You should be able to verify if it is a compiz bug by temporarily disabling
that aspect of your configuration.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dic...@invisible-island.net>
http://invisible-island.net

which is subscribed to xterm in Ubuntu.

  xterm moves to upper left when clicking titel bar