We encounter one warning there that is suspicious:

[   304.920] (WW) intel(0): flip queue failed: Invalid argument
[   304.920] (WW) intel(0): Page flip failed: Invalid argument

and nothing that corresponds with it in the dmesg. To hit EINVAL
suggests that the display was disabled, which given that it is an LVDS
panel is quite, quite bizarre. There is a patch in xf86-video-intel.git
(with --enable-sna) that should behave better in such circumstances. Can
you try building from git with SNA enabled and see if the bug reoccurs?

  Resume from suspend leaves me with black screen or a screen of the
  desktop before it suspended (though the mouse still moves/changes
  cursor)