Hi, all. Launchpad hasn't imported some of the other comments from
freedesktop: A few days ago there was a commit to git that may have
fixed the issue:

"ppa:xorg-edgers has an updated version of UXA that should help with one of the
issues you encountered across resume. How does it fare under your testing?"

I've been testing and it seems to work. Again, it would be helpful to
confirm that it does fix it. Would any brave souls be willing to install
xorg edgers? Beware, this time around I ended up with some seriously
messed-up graphics making real production on that laptop to be pretty
impossible. But I've been able to suspend/resume.

  Resume from suspend leaves me with black screen or a screen of the
  desktop before it suspended (though the mouse still moves/changes
  cursor)