I am using ubuntu 12.04 32 bit and I need to add

UNITY_FORCE_START=1

to /etc/environment. Without this setting, only unity2d is starting with
nvidia GeForce 7300.

Output of unity_support_test -p:

OpenGL vendor string:   NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce Go 7300/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL version string:  2.1.2 NVIDIA 302.11

Not software rendered:    yes
Not blacklisted:          no
GLX fbconfig:             yes
GLX texture from pixmap:  yes
GL npot or rect textures: yes
GL vertex program:        yes
GL fragment program:      yes
GL vertex buffer object:  yes
GL framebuffer object:    yes
GL version is 1.4+:       yes

Unity 3D supported:       no

I have tried almost all suggestions and drivers described in Bug <a
href="/bugs/982710" class="bug-link">#982485</a>, even 302.11 from
edgers repository, but no change at all, on unity 3d only wallpaper and
desptop context menu are available.

With same hardware ubuntu 10.04 was working like a charme, even 3d. I
wanted to switch to 12.04, but more than one month after release, unity
3d is still not available on hardware on which 3d was working before. I
am very disappointed.

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  Nvidia 295.53: Unity 3D does not work at all with the new nvidia
  driver