I'm currently on:

Linux chideok.bryceharrington.org 3.2.0-24-generic-pae #39-Ubuntu SMP
Mon May 21 18:54:21 UTC 2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

If my reading of the EDID hex is correct, the first error (5d vs. 4d)
corresponds to the green_x parameter.  The others appear to be various
pieces of the timings.

Don't know if it's relevant or related but I have been noticing the
screen turns a shade of green (or other colors) from time to time, as if
it had a loose cable (I've been blaming the cat), however the cables are
in their tightly.

   *ERROR* EDID checksum is invalid, remainder is 161