I've just found bug Bug #774938 and think that the erratic mouse cursor
movement that I described right after "Besides, there are several other
problems related to the touchscreen itself:" is related to that bug.
I use a dual monitor configuration and I'm using coordinate transformation
matrix to restrict the touchscreen to one of my monitors. I use two 1920x1080
monitors positioned one above the other. The bottom monitor has a touchscreen,
but the upper monitor does not. Without modifying the coordinate transformation
matrix, X thinks that the touchscreen covers the entire desktop. I use the
following command to restrict the touchscreen to the bottom monitor:
xinput set-prop "Quanta OpticalTouchScreen" "Coordinate Transformation Matrix"
1 0 0 0 0.5 0.5 0 0 1

Before this command is executed, I can click by tapping the touchscreen
and can drag itens or draw using the touchscreen without the mouse
jumping to the bottom of the screen, but the position where X thinks I'm
touching does not correspond to the actual position on the screen, since
X thinks the touchscreen covers the entire desktop and not only the
bottom monitor. After I run the xinput command, X  interprets the
touches at the right positions, but all those collateral effects take
place.

However, the problems mentioned in items 1 to 5 in the beginning of the
bug report (and many others mouse related problems) always happen, no
matter xinput was ran or not. They go away if I install the package
xserver-xorg-input-tslib, but then the touchscreen is disabled ("xinput
list" then lists two touchscreen devices with the same name, but the
touchscreen does not respond)

Is there any test I can do to provide more info that could help to solve
this issue?

  Several pointing device related problems occur when a touchscreen is
  installed