It seems the latest patch (1:2.7.0-0ubuntu2) was only uploaded for
testing to Quantal, but this bug report was updated stating a fix was
committed to Precise.

Is is possible to upload this patch for Precise too please?  Or, if I'm
doing this wrong, please advise me.  Are we supposed to install it from
the Quantal patch collection?  Is this safe?

Thanks for all the hard work

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-evdev in Ubuntu.

  Xorg recognizes Logitech Headset USB dongle as input device then
  segfaults in XIChangeDeviceProperty