YES!!!! Thank you emlodnaor, your fix also solved the problem on my two
card, three monitor NVidia configuration.

Using the "NVIDIA Server Settings" tool ($sudo apt-get install nvidia-
settings) to arrange the screens so their sequence is 0, 1, 2 did indeed
solve the problem for me.  Cursor jumping is gone and drag and drop now
works without an offset cursor.  Starting to like precise now.

One thing, I could not see from the NVIDIA tool how to identify the
screen numbers so I resorted to a little trial and error.

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  Drag & Drop on xinerama multimonitor - offset problem