We're closing this bug since it is has been some time with no response
from Nicklas W Bjurman.  However, if the issue still exists please feel
free to reopen with the requested information.  Also, if you could,
please test against the latest development version of Ubuntu, since this
confirms the bug is one we may be able to pass upstream for help.

Anyone else who thinks they have this same problem, don't reopen this
bug, just file a new one using apport or ubuntu-bug.

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-video-ati (Ubuntu)

--
[M7-LW] Rendering artifact on text in firefox and gedit
which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in ubuntu.