This is a fresh install of Precise, there is constant hard freezes in Unity 3d.
It doesn't matter if it's a video or text editor, heavy graphical use doesn't
dictate when it freezes. I have replicated it anywhere from watching a video to
opening an email or even editing one of my conkyrc files. I have been running
in Unity 2d for a couple weeks without one such problem. I am running dual
monitors and can have videos going on both screens without a hitch. Edit a file
in 3d and I have to hard reset. I have been following a couple other bug
reports and have tried different fixes that they've been experimenting with. I
am now running in kernel 3.4.0-030400 with no success, I have also tried the
xorg backports they've suggested with no positive results.
Upon install this was originally kernel 3.2.0.24, which was the start of
freezes.

My system specs are :
Desktop with wired LAN
Ubuntu 12.04LTS : kernel 3.4.0-030400
Sandy Bridge Core i3
MSI H55M-E33 mobo
4gigs ddr3 ram
Asus ENGT 240 graphics card using <s>Nouveau</s> drivers (Nvidia drivers now
working) into dual 19" monitors

I can not SSH into the machine, no second computer access. If there's
some other information I can provide just let me know, I'll try to get
it.

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
Package: unity 5.12-0ubuntu1.1
Uname: Linux 3.4.0-030400-generic i686
ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu8
Architecture: i386
CompizPlugins:
[core,composite,opengl,compiztoolbox,decor,imgpng,vpswitch,mousepoll,regex,wall,grid,snap,move,resize,place,gnomecompat,unitymtgrabhandles,animation,session,fade,expo,workarounds,scale,ezoom,unityshell]
Date: Wed Jun 13 20:09:23 2012
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release i386 (20120423)
ProcEnviron:
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: unity

** Affects: xserver-xorg-video-nouveau (Ubuntu)

** Tags: apport-bug i386 precise third-party-packages
--
[nouveau] 12.04 Unity 3d hard freezes
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1012916