I think even gdb hangs.

At least from this bug I conclude that Bug #342588.

Hi Maarten,
I tried to follow ur steps but it does not accepts any input at all. Here, are
the steps which I perform

1) Run this command "sudo gdb /usr/bin/Xorg 2>&1 | tee gdb-Xorg.txt"
2) In gdb prompt, I attach pid of Xorg found using pgrep Xorg lets say 1122.
And I attach the process
(gdb) attach 1122.

Then the system hangs and nothing works. Then I have to cut the power
and then I start the system again.

Please Help !!!

  Xorg crash