No, no missing action items.

This bug is very old, and existed across many different kernel versions,
it's just that you've only now reacted to it, so it seems new to you.

Unless you have reason to believe that recent changes have changed the
behaviour (i.e. a source code diff), then installing the mainline kernel
isn't going to do any good. It is, however, going to cost me a lot of
time I don't have, mainly because I keep losing time due to this bug.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in Ubuntu.

  Synaptics touchpad stops working