Now this is strange:

mouse had stop working.
After that, I didn't reboot, nor suspend/resume. I had unplugged and replugged
the mouse a few times without luck (as usual). Then I replugged it once more
after a long time unplugged, and it started working again.

The only thing that seems to have some strong statistical correlation
with this (though I can't get the exact pattern) is unplugging and
plugging the POWER adapter.

When mouse stops working it's always after having disconnected and
reconnected power. And this time that it has started working again has
also been after disconnecting and reconnecting power.

However, it seems this bug is going to stay "incomplete" until it
expires, so I guess I'm wasting my time.

  0458:003a USB mouse stops working after unplug/replug