After taking the photo of the screen, I was able to get correct
rendering by simply raising another window partially above the Firefox
window. As I'm running compiz, Firefox should have no reason to redraw
itself in that case but something fixed the rendering (I'd guess that
because the window lost focus, Firefox un-howered the drawer on the page
and this triggered redraw).

Should I open a new bug for the Firefox text rendering issue (random
body text color on that web page)?

  Intel X4500 display driver crashes X when loading an URL in Firefox