As reported in [1] and experienced by me today under 12.04 the mouse
pointer starts moving twice as fast as soon as I plug in a second screen
to use as an extension. This only happens with my trackpad (using a Dell
XPS 15z) but not with the external mouse attached at the same time.

Don' know if there is any command I can run to make this claim more solid.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Attach second screen.
2. In Displays settings choose NOT to mirror the displays. (Side note: I also
chose to not have a second launcher, dunno if that matters).
3. Try pointing at some buttons with the trackpad. In horizontal direction the
pointer moves twice as fast as vertically.

[1]
http://askubuntu.com/questions/69980/disproportional-horizontal-mouse-speed-with-two-monitors

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

--
Horizontal mouse movement inproportional in multi monitor setup.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1017085