Hello,  also an ASUS N55SF at my possession. I've installed bumblebee from the
PPA and the issue seems to be resolved.
There seems to be no more crazy heat coming out of the air vents and by running
`optirun nexuiz` it ran smoothly and nicely as opposed to running `nexuiz`
which was a bit choppy (using the  Intel driver I persume).

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  nvidia-current driver did not work no my gt 555m card