Dear maintainer,

I experience the same with 12.04 LTS PPC64 Nvidida FX5200.
unity 2d or booting with nouveau.noaccel=1 (defaults to 2D) bypasses the bug.

The same hardware using LXDE also experiences this bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-
nouveau/+bug/952101

Again, booting with noveau.noaccel=1 bypasses/avoids the bug there.
Since noaccel defaults to 2D, I am not sure how to go about isolating if
these are symptoms of one issue or separate.

Just for clarity: The attached is what I see when booting desktop iso
WITHOUT nouveau.noaccel=1. (This image is from another poster on the
forum, but identical to mine.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2019042)

Thanks

** Attachment added: "2012-07-07024729.jpg"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-nouveau/+bug/902670/+attachment/3228657/+files/2012-07-07024729.jpg

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  blank (white) desktop, no icons, no windows