By the way, the title generated by apport is:

Xorg crashed with SIGABRT in XIChangeDeviceProperty()

** Tags added: apport-collected

** Description changed:

  I am running xubuntu 12.04 on a Thinkpad X301. Since I first installed
  12.04 a few months ago, everything worked fine for a couple of months.
  But a few weeks ago (i.e. early July 2012), I started getting xorg
  crashes.

  The crashes happen when the computer is attempting to sleep (suspend,
  not hibernate), either because I closed the lid or because I left it on
  long enough for sleep to kick in automatically. It happens about 1 time
  in 5 that sleep is attempted. I get returned to the login screen. Sleep
  does not complete. The flashing moon light continues to blink. I can log
  in again and continue, but nothing works properly... no wireless, docky
  will not launch, everything is very slow, etc.

  These frequent crashes make xubuntu 12.04 completely unusable. I hope
  that a solution can be found soon.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
  Package: xorg 1:7.6+12ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-26-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu11
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Sun Jul 22 06:11:00 2012
  InstallationMedia: Xubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64
(20120425)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_US:en
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: xorg
+ ---
+ ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu11
+ Architecture: amd64
+ DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
+ InstallationMedia: Xubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64
(20120425)
+ Package: xorg 1:7.6+12ubuntu1
+ PackageArchitecture: amd64
+ ProcEnviron:
+  LANGUAGE=en_US:en
+  TERM=xterm
+  PATH=(custom, no user)
+  LANG=en_US.UTF-8
+  SHELL=/bin/bash
+ ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-26.41-generic 3.2.19
+ Tags:  precise
+ Uname: Linux 3.2.0-26-generic x86_64
+ UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
+ UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin netdev plugdev sambashare sudo

  xorg crashes 1 time in 5 when attempting to sleep