Same with us: Kubuntu 12.04, fully patched, FreeNX
0.7.3.zgit.120322.977c28d-0~ppa11 from FreeNX team at launchpad, keeps
crashing Kwin, no matter which version or platform the NX client
(Nomachine) runs on.

This is critical for us, as we are about to roll out an upgrade of all
our terminal servers for our ~200 users at the university library, based
on this combo.

which is subscribed to libx11 in Ubuntu.

  libx11 causes kwin to crash on login (over NX protocol)