** Tags added: quantal

** Description changed:

- I'm running uanta alpha  3 and few nights ago the new interface to
- instal the proprietary drivers landed. I decided to test it and selected
- fglrx a the driver I wan to use for my graphic card (HD5770). The other
- choice was fglrx-update but I picked the first of the two since no more
- explanations were provided.
+ I'm running Quantal alpha 3 and few nights ago the new interface to
+ install the proprietary drivers landed. I decided to test it and
+ selected fglrx a the driver I wan to use for my graphic card (HD5770).
+ The other choice was fglrx-update but I picked the first of the two
+ since no more explanations were provided.

  Upon reboot, the computer throw me back to tty1 and a console login prompt.
On tty7 the last message displayed is :
  * Stopping save kernel messages            [OK]

  cat /var/log/Xorg.0.g | grep EE give :
  [ timestamp] (WW) No matchingDevice section for instance (BusID PCI:0@2:0:1)
found

  Nothing special pop in dmesg nor in kern.log about fglrx though I have a
  lot of error about fd0 which is the floppy disk I don't have I guess.

-
- I'm pretty stuck right now since I don't know how to remove fglrx and revert
to the xorg ati driver by command line, cleanly. I also ignore if the new
interface for proprietary drivers has a command line interface...
+ I'm pretty stuck right now since I don't know how to remove fglrx and
+ revert to the xorg ati driver by command line, cleanly. I also ignore if
+ the new interface for proprietary drivers has a command line
+ interface...

  Cheers,
  Thomas

which is subscribed to fglrx-installer in Ubuntu.

  no more graphical screen after fglrx intallation  through system
  settings interface