Thomas, I don't know what problem fglrx is having, but I'll try to help
get your system usable again.

To get rid of fglrx, run:

  sudo apt-get purge fglrx

(You could use 'remove' as well as 'purge'.  'purge' removes the
leftover configuration files, too, which probably isn't a big difference
in this case.)  That should remove it cleanly.

And then reboot.  When fglrx is not present, the Xorg ATI driver should
run automatically, again.

To pursue this problem, it would help to file the bug with Ubuntu's bug
reporting program, apport.  It will collect information about the
hardware and software of your system, that will be needed to examine
what's going on.  You can do that for this existing bug report, by
running the command:

  apport-collect 1030151

When you make new bug reports, it's 'apport-bug' from the command line.
(Also available as 'ubuntu-bug' if that's easier to remember.)  Thanks,
and I hope this helps!

which is subscribed to fglrx-installer in Ubuntu.

  no more graphical screen after fglrx intallation  through system
  settings interface