Public bug reported:

The latest update of xorg-edgers (yesterday, July  30th, around noon
here in Austria) got me into problems - the screen would go black after
about 15 minutes or so and would refuse to come back (switching to
console wouldn't help either, suspending-resuming does not work,
switching off desktop effects doesn help nor prevent the problem). I had
to go to the console (CTRL-ALT-F1) blindly and hit CTRL-ALT-DEL to
reboot. After three times with trying different things to solve/prevent
this behaviour, I had to revert to the standard drivers in the ubuntu
repository to be able to keep on working.

Steps to reproduce:
boot into kde. Work anything. use keyboard, mouse, whatever.

Expected behaviour:
works, screen does not get blacked out (or, after going into energy saving,
will come back if mouse or keyboard is used).

Actual behaviour:
Screen gets black after some time (~10-15 minutes) and refuses to come back.

I'm afraid I can't help with tracking, as I had to revert to the
standard drivers to be able to continue work (it's my office machine),
but the report still might be helpful?

** Affects: mesa (Ubuntu)

which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  intel 965gm driver from xorg-edgers blacks screen with Kubuntu 12.04