This comment was made by Chase, copy and pasting here:

The log shows that the headset is sending a button 3 press event for the
entire duration that it is plugged in. Here's the relevant log lines,
with many lines in between omitted:

[ 184.680] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Creative Technology SB Arena
Headset (/dev/input/event8)
[ 184.691] (EE) evdev: Creative Technology SB Arena Headset: New event: type:
4, code: 4, value: -16711678
[ 184.691] (EE) evdev: Creative Technology SB Arena Headset: New event: type:
1, code: 259, value: 1
[ 184.691] (EE) evdev: Creative Technology SB Arena Headset: New event: type:
0, code: 0, value: 0

[ 198.041] (EE) evdev: Creative Technology SB Arena Headset: New event: type:
1, code: 259, value: 0
[ 198.041] (EE) evdev: Creative Technology SB Arena Headset: New event: type:
0, code: 0, value: 1
[ 198.150] (II) config/udev: removing device Creative Technology SB Arena
Headset

Note that button 3 in this context means an arbitrary miscellaneous
button, not right or middle button of a mouse. The Evdev input module
interprets the device as a keyboard. Thus, when you plug in the headset
it's as though you have a second keyboard connected where a key is stuck
pressed. This interferes with normal X keyboard event handling.

This either needs to be handled by quirking the HID driver in the kernel
so that it knows not to expose this bad behavior, or by quirking the X
evdev input module so that button 3 is ignored from this device. I think
the correct approach is to quirk the kernel HID driver, but I'm not
sure. I suggest contacting the upstream linux-input mailing list for
advice.

  SB Arena USB headset causes X BUG, can't click outside window