I have still been followin this bug report, but I have been busy lately,
so I haven't been able to participate.

The problem is still occuring, but I am not sure if it's the same bug as other
posters.
 Also, as the outcome of both bugs seems to be the same, makes me uncertain if
the original bug has been fixed, but this new one appeared, or what.

There was a period where the bug didn't happen as often(of it even
happened at all) so that might have been the case.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in Ubuntu.

  Xorg crashed with SIGSEGV in XIGetDeviceProperty()