Public bug reported:

I have the following configuration on the desktop:

 ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32 bit with the 3.2.0-23-generic-pae kernel
 Network adapter Atheros Communications Inc. AR9227 Wireless Network Adapter
(rev 01)

It runs fine with my hardwired lan adapter, but when I connect to my
wireless network the screen freezes up and I have no mouse, keyboard
access. My only option is to power off the box. I have tried multiple
work arounds but none work. I have ordered another wireless network
adapter since Atheros AR9227 has had simular reports on other sites. Has
anyone found a work around? Are there any bug fixes in the works?

** Affects: xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu)

  ubuntu 12.04 freezes when connecting to wifi