May be is a compiz bug, not radeon or fglrx

Notebook Compaq NC8430
Ubuntu 12.04
Intel Core2 Duo T7200
3GB RAM
Radeon Mobility X1600

Unity 2D works perfectly, unity-3D freezes randomly. I've tried without success:
- upgrade kernel to 3.4.9 version;
- install lowlatency kernel;
- disable the kernel thermal module with "thermal.off=1".

May be "thermal.off=1" gave me a little more time before freezing, but I
cannot be sure about it.

When unity-3d stops working I haven't any message from system, neither in
var/log/syslog nor in dmesg.
Mouse pointer keeps moving but buttons have not effects. Every tasks is
freezed, and I can only press CTRL ALT F1 and use "kill -9 -1" to return on
login screen.

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in Ubuntu.

  graphical interface freeze when logging "Ubuntu" (Unity3D)