I've put in an SRU for this patch.  Ideally, I would have liked to see
more testers since I'm a bit iffy on this patch, but if I count
correctly there have been 5 testers which I guess is close enough.

I've updated the patch to include the ubuntu3.2 change, although that
one seems to be stuck in -proposed.  In looking at it again, it's a
trivially good patch, I think they're just waiting on some feedback from
users who have run that version without problem, so you guys could
probably help out by commenting on bug #256021 that you've run this
version from ubuntu-proposed and give it your thumbs up.  That would
enable that fix to go in, which would enable this one to go through too.

Btw, for future reference, going forward I am no longer going to accept
performance regression feedback that uses glxgears numbers.  Everyone
knows it's not any good as a benchmark, so reports that still use its
numbers anyway are questionable whether the reporter actually knows what
they're talking about.  ;-)  In this regard, it was good to see the
reference made to Neverball, because otherwise the only factual data
this bug report would have is on glxgears.

--
[RS482] low performance due to removal of _tnl_ProgramCacheInit()
which is subscribed to mesa in ubuntu.