I tried the solution in the post linked by htrex, and it works perfectly
for me! (64 bit Ubuntu) :D

It really is only a matter of adding some text at the end of the 4th
line in the file /etc/X11/Xsession.d/10fglrx

The text is:

32 bit systems -->  :/usr/lib32/dri/
64 bit systems -->  :/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/

The post explains it very well. It seems that fglrx messes up the paths
to certain driver files required by the Intel card.

I hope someone with the necessary skills will update the installer
scripts. Honestly, I don't think newbies would try the solution
explained by Niccola, even if it's stupidly easy. The out-of-the-box
experience thing, you know... :P

which is subscribed to fglrx-installer in Ubuntu.

  composited desktop environments wont autoload from gdm/lightdm when
  using i915