Public bug reported:

I'm running Xubuntu 12.10 with the latest updates and certain themes
that use 1pix window border, like Greybird won't show title bar and
window borders.

This problem exists at least with Nvidia drivers, Vmware and Virtual
Box. And it doesn't exist in a fresh Ubuntu 12.04 with xorg server 1.11
using the same drivers.

Other people found the same issues, so I think it's a general thing.
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1152840

** Affects: xorg-server (Ubuntu)

  Xubuntu 12.10 + Xorg server 1.13 = Window decoration missing