This started happening frequently enough that I broke out the xorg sources and
figured out how to associate
the crash address to a line number.  (*)

It's crashing at the line where it's dereferencing client->osPrivate, I'd guess
there's a missing null check of client->osPrivate at the start of AttendClient,
since many other functions in os/connection.c do a null check on that one but
AttendClient doesn't.
Of course it still might be a can't-happen situation for some implicit reason
and something bigger is going wrong...

(*)
install dbg version of xorg core package, get source and start build far enough
to apply patches, then
use "print function-name" in gdb to get address of function, and apply the
offset from xorg log like "list *(0x1234+0x32)"

  X server crashes