Public bug reported:

I recently upgraded from 11.10 to 12.04 and have been having an issue with xorg
chrashing and logging me out randomly. It seems very similar to an oft reported
issue involving nvidia drivers, but my netbook (Gateway LT2030u) does not have
nvidia graphics. Instead it has integrated intel graphics. generally what
happens is everytime i log in and randomly there after I get an errormessage
that pops up and says "A system program has encountered an error" (or something
similar) and asks me if I would like to report the problem or cancel. I have
not been able to actually get it to send an error report successfully, but
looking tht the error details I can tell it is an Xorg crash. After I close
that dialogue box everything seems to work fine until some random point later
where I either get the same error again or I get kicked back to the log-in
screen. I get the error maybe 5-7 times per day and the log-out maybe 3-5 times
per day. all of the other threads I have seen regarding this issue center
aroung nvidia hardware that I do not have. I did see one forum thread where
someone else was having this issue with a netbook and they solved it by
deleting the .XAuthority file in /home/. I tried this, but it made no
difference.
I have attached the .xsession-errors file from my home dir, my current Xorg.log
and the crash report file in /var/crash/. If there are any other files or info
I could provide that would help let me know. Otherwise I really like 12.04 and
would like to avoid the hassle of performing a fresh install of 11.10.

thanks.

** Affects: nvidia-graphics-drivers (Ubuntu)

which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  xorg crashing on 12.04 - intergrated intel graphics