Public bug reported:

Hi, I'm having an issue with my Wacom tablet PC on an unmodified install
of 64-bit 12.04.1 on an HP 2710p, where the cursor follows the pen just
fine on first boot, and *sometimes* after resuming from a suspended
state (which I put the computer into frequently, around 8 times/day).

It seems like Xinput or some hardware service like udev is pruning
inactive devices on resume, so my workaround is holding the pen to the
screen before pressing the power switch, which guarantees that the pen
works once the system resumes.

I don't know how to really track down what could cause this, I've tried
investigating what scripts get called on resume among other things, but
there is a possibility that all this "pruning", if it exists, is done
within X. If anyone has any hints or suggestions, I'd be glad to test
them out.

The Version number for xserver-xorg-input-wacom is 1:0.14.0-0ubuntu2

Thanks kindly.

** Affects: xf86-input-wacom (Ubuntu)

which is subscribed to xf86-input-wacom in Ubuntu.

  Wacom doesn't work after suspend w/o trick