There's nothing that can be done until AMD release a driver that is
compatible with xserver 1.13. Until then we have to either:

1) Live with the open-source driver
2) Downgrade to xserver 1.11 from precise or 1.12 from Launchpad's quantal
builds
3) Find a patch that provides 1.13 compatibility.

I'm happily running xserver 1.12 with the Catalyst 12.9 embedded beta
driver (fglrx 9.00). While 9.00 doesn't have 1.13 support it does have
kernel 3.6 support. ;)

which is subscribed to fglrx-installer in Ubuntu.

  fglrx-updates broken dependency with xorg-video-abi-12 (Quantal)