I got this again, this time with no part of the screen responding.
Restarting compiz with 'compiz --replace' fixed the issue.

** Description changed:

  After logging in to the system after suspend or just a locked screen,
  windows sometimes stop responding to mouse commands. At that point I'm
  only able to interact with either one window or the launcher, maybe
  depending on what was active before.

  Alt-tab doesn't work, but the Win button opens dash. Keyboard input
- works in whichever window is active. Restarting lightdm is the only
- solution I've tried.
+ works in whichever window is active. Restarting lightdm or compiz fixes
+ the issue.

  (I have no idea if the bug is in unity or something else.)

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-ati in Ubuntu.

  Windows stopped responding to mouse