Thanks for reporting this Nicolas, and thanks for testing the weston
PPA.

There remains a number of development tasks for weston, however the
blueprint has been postponed so I am not sure that it's still under
development, and there may remain a number of rough edges like what you
describe.  I'd recommend holding off on reporting bugs about it to
launchpad until the development has reached a finished state.  If/when
work gets under way next cycle, then contact the developers for
assistance.  Meanwhile, I'd suggest focusing on testing wayland/weston
upstream using their installation scripts and processes, and provide
feedback directly upstream.

** Changed in: weston (Ubuntu)

which is subscribed to weston in Ubuntu.

  Trying weston with the official ppa but don't get the lightdm greeting