Ricardo,

I was finally able to get my hands on the laptop in which the touchpad is
non functional, as mentioned in my original posting. Attached are the files
I think you are looking for as if I understood correctly from the link you
provided this sounds more like a kernel issue. I could be wrong of course.

Thanks for your time in this matter.

Warm Regards,
Stephen Barlock

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 7:41 AM, Ricardo Kirkner
<1045...@bugs.launchpad.net>wrote:

> ** Project changed: canonical-identity-provider => ubuntu
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1045513
>
> Title:
>   Lenovo 3000 Laptop Touchpad Not Seen
>
> Status in Ubuntu:
>   New
>
> Bug description:
>   The touchpad worked in 12.04 however, when immediately after upgrading
>   to 12.04.1 is when the touchpad stopped working. Tried many of the
>   fixes listed in forums with no luck. Did a xinput list in terminal as
>   the means to discover the touchpad was not being seen.
>
>   Will be happy to provide any additional information upon request but
>   will require instructions as while I am experienced in DOS/Win speak,
>   not so much in ubuntu/linux.
>
>   Thanks and Warm Regards.
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:

Warm Regards,
*Stephen Barlock*
*www.TechnicallyYoursLA.com* <http://www.TechnicallyYoursLA.com>

** Attachment added: "dist-upgrade.tar.gz"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1045513/+attachment/3377540/+files/dist-upgrade.tar.gz

which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-synaptics in Ubuntu.

  Lenovo 3000 Laptop Touchpad Not Seen